Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Honey Cowl

It's so nice to knit for myself sometimes.

It's even cooler to get to have a hand in the entire process, like dyeing the yarn!

The yarn pictured above is undyed Ecological Wool, from Cascade. I got to take a natural dye class at the Knit Cafe a few weeks back, and we dyed our yarn using Turmeric (bright yellow), red cabbage (blue/grey), and red onion skins (greeny yellow).

I knew I had enough yarn to make something lovely, I just wasn't sure yet. I checked out Ravelry, and they appear to be completely in love with the Honey Cowl. Why not?


I actually really enjoyed knitting this. The pattern was straight forward, the yarn was lovely, and I just had to be a little creative with my colour changes to make it all work together. I love how natural dye colours never seem to really clash with each other!


I couldn't be happier. Just in time for the cold weather too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment