Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inspiration

I've spent a couple of days trying to find my inspiration for. well. life. I know what I want in the end, and I've started funneling money into a savings account to try to get there. Unfortunately, putting 20% of your paycheck into savings means that money starts to get a little tight. I have no need to panic, I can pay my rent and all.. But I still worry.

I'm stressing a bit more because of a new jewelry design I'm trying out. I'm cutting apart a bunch of antique spoons I have lying around, and trying to make them into something new.

The picture to the right is one such bracelet, the silver chain was handmade by myself, and has been soldered so the rings won't EVER spring apart. The silver spoon was found by my father, and has since been curved to match my wrist.

I love it, but I have no idea if I'll be able to market it or not. It's a lovely bracelet and moves easily on my wrist, but I don't know if I'll be able to sell it at all. The thought really worries me.

I'm having trouble remaining inspired right now, because I'm really stressed about my money situation. I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. My savings are going great, but my spending money is tight. Why does it have to be so hard?

Not only that.. my hours have been cut lately. Whoo hooo.

1 comments:

Annie Hughes said...

aaaw... Take a step back? I think your spoon would sell fine...

Post a Comment